Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Top 20 songs for me this 2011 (the shortest list)

It's probably a bit too early.  I normally do this in December but with just a little more than a month to go I am listing again the songs that have somehow made it to my LSS list of the year.  There were a lot of great songs that came out this year.  Some of them re-makes (mostly the Filipino songs) and I did not add the OPM greats this time although a lot of them did capture the eardrums this year especially those songs they used in the telenovelas. These songs that I made it to the shortest list I could come up with comprise of those tunes that have rung in my ears countless times.  Those songs that even when they aren't actually playing you still can hear them in your brain.  There might be a new hit to come out before the year ends, but usually those songs are carried forward to the next year just like some of the songs here that were originally released last year but only gained much playtime in 2011 and went mainstream into my bloodstream this year so this is just about my list for the year:


20) So What - Pink - the beat is all swag & captures that certain rough sexiness and I like it. So what?





19) 5 O'clock in the Morning (T-Pain feat. Wiz Kalifa & Liz Allen) - this song is quite new but already it's making my ears crinkle.  Nice work by the rapper.




18) Lucky (Jason Mraz feat. Colbie Caillat) - This was actually released since 2009, had a few airtime last year but really entrenched its way to my consciousness and heart this year. Thanks also to one of the radio station who always plays this song in the morning before I go to work. And of course, I love Jason Mraz plus Colbie Caillat's vocal styles



17) PRETTY GIRL ROCK (Keri Hilson) - right at the start of 2011 when I first heard this song, I realize that it can be quite a theme for me as in 'Don't hate me coz I'm beautiful' plus there's something really nice about pretty girls rocking.. all the pretty girls say 'Aye!'



16) LAST FRIDAY NIGHT (T.G.I.F.) (Katy Perry) - something about Fridays and Katy Perry and that wacky music video showing her other self in braces and you know it's gonna be one heck of a song.




15) TEACH ME HOW TO DOUGIE (Cali Swag District) - the song that launched a few dance steps and quite a few embarrassments as well. But long before it went really popular, I already enjoyed the beat of this song and also played in my head a couple of times early in the year prior to its going mainstream.



14) I NEED YOU NOW (Lady Antebellum) - the song wouldn't have won that much awards if it didn't pack a punch. Also a perfect booty song if you ask me. Like I need you now coz I'm drunk and lonely suggests a lot of potentials for the evening, right? But the song is really quite good & although it enjoyed airtime last year, it's still packing enough wind to continue ringing in my ears all throughout 2011. The song is also ideal for those on again off again couples. Can so relate. Watch..



13) BON BON AMERICANO (Pit Bull) - this song reverberated in my ears until it became quite annoying. The amusement however outweighs the annoyance and this dance beat and I did enjoy quite a memorable time together this year. ;)



12) LIKE A G6 (Far East Movement) - the beat, the swag, the rhythm and the angst it's all in here. I love the song and reminds me of good things in life, just enjoying drinks, laughter and fun with friends.



11) BEAUTIFUL MONSTER (Neyo) - again reminds me of clubbing and enjoying life. And at the same time reminds me of me, the beautiful monster that I am haha.



10) ANOTHER AGAIN (John Legend) - whenever favorite artists come out with songs during the year, it's bound to land among the top of my list. I also feel an affinity to this song personally. Another again it's just like endless possibilities, right?



09) MARRY ME (Train)- another one of those songs that has wormed its way into my consciousness especially with incessant airtime in the morning. Guess I am most receptive to music while at the shower and as I get dressed for work. Not that I have any intention of getting married YET, but this song is quite a cute love song and I love how he sung 'Forever can never be long enough for me'



08) PRICE TAG (Jessie J) - the chorus in itself is a real LSS-inducing piece. And how it characterizes the mood of the year. I love how she belted out the word 'Money, money, money..'



07) SOMEONE LIKE YOU (Adele) - there's something about this lady that really captivates the hearts of listeners. Too bad she had to suffer some problems on her throat requiring treatment or surgery but do hope she recovers fast as we would really find it difficult to find someone like her..

06) ROLLING IN THE DEEP (Adele) - there's a fire burning in my.. oh, how we just can't get enough of her music this year. Coming out with back to back winners. This is also a perfect song for those angst-ridden relationships. Rolling in the Deep just got way too deep into the consciousness it's almost close to the heart.



05) FIREWORK (Katy Perry) - this top 5 might as well be composed of either just two artists and one of them is Katy Perry. Definitely she is one of the singers of the year with her popular songs, the attitude to match & the beats that catch. Nice lyrics too on this one, something for all the pushovers, the loners & losers, the sick & the meek to adapt as their theme to improve their lots in life.



4) JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH (Black Eyed Peas) - boy, I think about this every night and day.. yeah almost a play on the lyrics of the first stanza. But you gotta love the black-eyed peas for coming out w/exceptional songs on every album. Even with the year almost coming to a close, I still can hear this song in my head playing over an over and I just can't get enough.



3) TEENAGE DREAM (Katy Perry) - see, with the exception of the BEP, the top 5 is Katy perry territory. Love this song about having all-out fun with your guy and feeling like teenagers in love and all its attendant parties & then some.. love it.



02) JUST THE WAY YOU ARE (Bruno Mars) - and this is the other artist I'm talking about. Bruno Mars making our way into the top 2 this year. Love how he sang this and how it captured the affection of a guy to a girl. Simplicity can be awesome. and raw emotions will always trump against full-on sophisticated pining.



01) THE LAZY SONG (Bruno Mars) - kids and adults enjoyed this song throughout the year. Something we all can relate to especially those who are so up to their necks in tasks and other things that keep us busy. You just want to run away sometimes and this is a perfect theme song for those who would want a few hours away to refresh and reconnect. And today I don't feel like doing anything but listen to this one..


So there ;) hope you enjoyed a bit of my compilation. I'm sure you have your own favorites but bet that some of these songs can make it to your list too.